Wondering why tomato sauce maker? Well, you get to savor the taste of tomatoes that came from your backyard.
You'll also get to enjoy the satisfaction that comes with preserving tomatoes for later use in recipes or simply eating them fresh.
And did we mention it's fun?
Whether it's for a family meal or to preserve tomatoes for later use in recipes, you'll need a good tomato sauce maker.
Here are some key points to consider while buying a tomato sauce maker:
Things To Consider Before Buying Tomato Sauce Maker
- Check the features of the tomato sauce maker
- Look at the price and be sure you have a budget for this product.
- Consider how much space you have or want for this particular product on your countertop.
- Read reviews to find out what people's experience with a certain brand is.
Best Tomato Sauce Maker (Tomato Press)
Here are some of the top picks of tomato sauce makers with their features, pros, and cons.
1. Johnny Apple Sauce Maker & Tomato Strainer (Best Warranty)
- The stainless steel screen is rust-free and effortlessly separates the skins and seeds from the fresh pulp
- Large hopper and food pusher, which helps prepare your finished product more quickly and easily
- Comes with a strong clamp to fix onto the table
- You can buy a 4-piece accessory kit (sold separately) to make this food strainer more versatile
2. Ball fresh tech HarvestPro Sauce and Salsa Maker (Best Speed Electric Tomato Press)
- This tomato press comes with standard screen, coarse screen, tamper, and cleaning brush
- Extra-wide 2.5" chute saves time which means less preparation is needed for fruits and vegetables.
- It is a fully enclosed splash guard that helps prevent splatter and mess.
- Oversized auger enables a more consistent puree.
- Unique silicone wiper automatically rotates to reduce clogging and maximize yield.
- One-step UniLock system detaches simply for easy dishwasher-safe cleanup.
- A large nesting hopper and built-in cord pocket ensure compact storage.
- Easy to use and clean.
- Effective and solidly built.
- The one part that's most likely to fail is the wiper.
3. Farm to Table Tomato Press (Time Saver)
- Hopper has a capacity of 2.25 qt, tray capacity of 1.25 qt
- Made of plastic and is durable.
- It attaches to a table or countertop with its suction base for safe use.
- It helps to purees many fruits and vegetables.
- Disassembles for easy cleaning and is dishwasher safe.
- Easy to clean, easy to assemble and gives good results in consistency of product.
- It consumes relatively less time than many others on the market.
- Sometimes a chunk gets caught and can be difficult to remove.
- Make sure you keep suction at a clean, dry surface, or it will become loose.
4. Norpro 1952 Jumbo Tomato Press (Light Weight)
- Attaches securely to counter or table with suction base
- Stainless steel mesh strains and dispenses puree through chute into tray
- Press fresh tomatoes for the ultimate sauce, marinara, salsa, juice, puree, paste or soup
- Ideal for small scale home processing
- Simple design and easy to assemble.
- It easily separates seeds and skin from tomatoes.
- Lightweight and easily to store
- A little tough to clean and have to disassemble to clean.
5. KitchenAid Fruit & Vegetable Strainer Set (Best overall)
- It fits all household KitchenAid stand mixers.
- Includes Strainer and a grinder.
- Food Grinder with fine plate for meats & coarse plate for firm vegetables & cheeses.
- Prepare fruit and vegetable sauces, chutneys, and jams.
- Grind meats, dried fruits, vegetables, cheese, and bread crumbs.
- Strainer and grinder assemble easily.
- 4-Inches long and attach to all KitchenAid household stand mixers.
- Easy to assemble and easy to clean.
- Time saver
- Super fast and easy production.
- It does not work very well with large berries or fruits. It will help if you cut it down to small pieces.
- The tray is relatively small.
If you're a fan of making your tomato sauce, then you'll love our roundup of the top Tomato Sauce Makers. We've included a variety of options, so there's sure to be one that suits your needs.