How to Choose the Best Gardening Kit for Kids?
Choosing kids gardening kit can be a difficult task. There are so many out there and it can be hard to know which is the best kids gardening kit for your kids. Here are few things to consider before you choose the gardening kit for kids:-
- Find out what your child's interest are. Are they into flowers? Edible plants? Veggies? Fruit? Maybe they enjoy bugs!
- Find out what resources are available in your area. Kids can grow plants in a pot or garden, raised bed, or container garden. For younger children in particular, there are several small gardening kits available that make it easy for them to create their own mini-garden anywhere at home. If you want to have more of a challenge with your garden kit for kids, consider a vertical garden.
- Consider having a family seed library. All members of the family can pick out seeds, plant them at home, record their progress and at the end look back on how far their plants grew and what they learned from it.
Here are the top 6 kids gardening kit with a brief description of each one!
1. G & F Just For Kids - Kids Gardening Kit (Best Feature)
- Strong wooden handles with thick metal tool heads. Overall sturdy and durable.
- Recommended for 5 years and up.
- This kids gardening kit includes: 1 Shovel, 1 Rake, 1 Hoe, and 1 Leaf Rake
- Each tool is up to 27.5-inch height
- Stronger & thicker metal head applicable for older kids to play.
- Sturdy compared to other kids gardening tools
- Plastic handle provide extra safety for kids
- The metal edges are sharp so it will be useful if a child wand to do digging and gardening.
- All tools are child-friendly, colorful, and lightweight
- The tools are of good quality.
- This set is good for teaching kids the basics of gardening in a safe and exciting way.
- Comes with a bright canvas tote, large 22-ounce watering can, gardening gloves, rake, shovel, and fork. Each tool is made with high-quality wooden handles and metalheads.
- All tools are colorful and lightweight.
- Good quality products
- The wooden handles are sturdy
- Comes with a tote to keep everything organized
- The watering can is a bit hit!
- The tools are made of metal so may not be very safe for young children
- The metal watering can rust easily
3. Paint & Plant Flower Growing Kit (Best Feature)
- A fun and educational gift for all ages
- Comes with a beautiful instruction booklet
- This kit includes everything you need to start growing your own flower: Tin Planter (12 * 4.5 * 4 inches), plastic liner, soil, 3 seed packets, 6-color paint strip, 2 paintbrushes, paint palette, 3 wooden plant markers, shovel, watering bottle.
- It includes seeds of Marigold, Cosmos, and Zinnia flowers which have vibrant colors and pleasant scents. You and your child can together paint the planter and plant markers, and see these flowers flourish.
- You can even use the paints included in this kit to decorate your flower pots!
- The Paint & Plant Flower Growing Kit is an educational toy that teaches children about the science of plant growth. It's a fun way to learn about flowers, plants, and nature!
- Good quality craft projects
- Packaging is vibrant and pretty
- Easy to assemble
- The size is a little smaller than expected.
4. Innocheer Kids Gardening Kit
- This kit comes with kids gardening guide.
- Safe for kids.
- Set include 18 pieces of child's gardening tools that consists tote; shovel; rake; fork; kids smock; watering can; kid-sized gloves, a gardening guide; 4 plant pots; 4 plant tags, and 2 packs cute stickers.
- The guide teaches kids to plant potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, and strawberries, motivating children about nature and developing healthy eating habits by growing plants, fruits, and vegetables.
- The plastic handles are ideal for kids' hands while metalheads are not sharp and are built to last long.
- This could be a perfect gardening gift for your pre-school age, kindergarten, boys, or girls who enjoy playing in the yard and outdoors.
- Highly durable.
- It also comes with a smock and gloves.
- The set includes a guide on how your kids can optimize their plant's growth.
- This product has a 5 out of 5-star review and is the best overall!
5. Born Toys Kids Gardening Kit
- This kit is washable
- Good quality and durable
- This kids gardening kit includes an apron with pockets, a hat, a real water sprayer, a kids shovel, kids gardening gloves, and a garden bag.
- The apron, gloves, and bags are washable. Thus easy to cleanup
- The hat has an adjustable drawstring, for an easy fitting!
- Suitable for kids ages 3 and above
- All items are made from high-quality materials
- All items are washable.
- These are nice toys but the sizes of toys are small.
6. Creativity for Kids Enchanted Fairy Garden Craft Kit
- Safe for kids
- Perfect unique gift for girls who love fairy crafts
- This kids gardening kit includes: an 11" diameter flower-shaped paintable potting dish, enchanted flower house, gemstones, flowers, butterflies, paint, potting mix, and seeds that grow like magic
- Comes with seed mix of wheat grass and beans. These seeds can begin to sprout in as little as 2-4 days.
- The Enchanted Fairy Gardening kit includes non-toxic materials and conforms to ASTM D-4236.
- This kit comes with a container and decorating accessories, all of which are very cute.
- The bean plant seeds sprouts in just a couple days, and are very easy to care!
- The pot does not have drainage so you may need to make one yourself!
7. FUNZBO Flower Garden Building STEM Toys
- Perfect gift for girls
- Made with non-toxic and child-friendly materials
- This kids gardening kit includes 98 pieces of flower components, 1 cute kettle.
- Comes with colorful packaging, perfect for kids.
- With all the interchangeable pieces, a child can make hundreds of possible flower arrangements
- Each piece of the flower toy set is colored vibrantly to help stimulate visual sense and color recognition
- Greatly develop creativity and imagination in children.
- Creative, fun, and imaginative garden set.
- Colorful and easy to assemble
- Products may be smaller than expected
- Does not have a storage box to put all the pieces together
Is Gardening Good for Children? Why Kids Gardening Kit?
One of the best things about kids gardening kit is that they will teach your kids an appreciation for nature. Not only are they learning about plants, but also how to care for them and grow a sense of responsibility.
A kids garden kit can be beneficial on so many levels! It's not just good for kids, but for parents as well. Gardening is a great way to spend time with kids and teach them about life - without the worries of TV or video games!
A kids gardening kit will include everything that they need in order to start their little garden. This includes things like seeds, pots, soil, etc. It's simple enough so kids can do the work themselves, but still have an understanding of what's going on in their little garden.
There are so many kids gardening kit to choose from! In this blog post, we're reviewing the top kids gardening kit that you and your kids will love.
How Do I Get My Kids Into Gardening?
- Take kids to a local garden or organic grocer so they can see the plants and flowers in person.
- They'll be more excited about growing their own when they know what it takes!
- Read books (and plant-related stories) aloud with kids - you may find that you enjoy gardening too while reading these yourself!
- Learn about edible vegetables, fruits, and herbs. Kids who have more knowledge about what they're growing will be more excited to plant!
- If kids are interested in gardening, then a kids' gardening kit is the perfect way to get them started. These kits come with everything kids need to grow their own plants and vegetables!
Where To Buy Seeds For A Kid-Friendly Garden?
The best place to buy a kid-friendly garden kit is from a kids gardening store, local nursery or hardware stores or online.
What Is The Best Vegetable For Kids to Grow?
Young kids will love growing vegetables like tomatoes, cucumber, and zucchini because they are easy for kids to grow!
How Do You Start A Vegetable Garden For Kids?
There are kids vegetable garden kits that can be purchased from a kids gardening store or amazon.
What Are The Best Tools For Kids to Garden With?
The best tools for kids to use when they are working in their own kids vegetable garden is a shovel, rake, and spade. These items will help them get started with digging holes and removing weeds around. Kids gardening kit are great place to teach your kids about gardening.
What You Need To Know About Letting Your Kids Care For Their Herb Garden?
Kids will love caring for their own herb garden and harvesting the herbs. Your kids need to be supervised when they are working with tools or gardening outside because of safety hazards.